Become a Member
Discover the Credit Union Difference!
Unlike a bank, Red River Credit Union is a not-for-profit, member-owned cooperative dedicated to our members. We offer a full suite of financial services from savings and checking accounts to loans and credit cards, all of which are combined with exceptional service to our members. When you become a member of Red River Credit Union, you are also an owner!
You are eligible to join Red River Credit Union if you meet ANY of the following criteria:
- You live, work, worship, volunteer or attend school in our service area in Texas, Arkansas, Mississippi, and Louisiana.
- You work, worship or attend school at one of our Louisiana Business and Organizations.
- You work, worship or attend school in Grambling, Louisiana (excluding corporate limits of the City of Ruston*).
- You are a relative of a current member - a relative is defined as a spouse, child, sister, brother, grandparent, grandchild, step-relative, and adopted child.
Texas Counties: Bowie, Camp, Cass, Delta, Franklin, Harrison, Hopkins, Hunt, Lamar, Marion, Morris, Red River, and Titus
Arkansas Counties: Clark, Garland, Hempstead, Hot Spring, Howard, Lafayette, Little River, Miller, Nevada, Pike, and Sevier
Mississippi Counties: Quitman, Panola, Tallahatchie, Coahoma, Bolivar County (between East/West lines running six miles south of Mound Bayou and two miles south of Shelby)
Louisiana: Caddo Parish only
*Residents of Madison Parish are eligible. Residents of the City of Grambling are eligible (within a 10 mile radius of the Grambling, LA Post Office except the area which lies within corporate limits of the City of Ruston)
The Benefits of Joining Red River Credit Union
- All of our checking accounts have low or no minimum balances to maintain accounts.
- Red River Credit Union offers better rates of return on savings accounts and share certificates that are 2-5x higher than the average savings account rate.*
- Becoming a member means that you have access to loans with lower APR than most banks.
- Profits made at a credit union are paid back to you in the form of dividends, instead of being paid to shareholders.
- Deposited funds insured up to $250,000 by the US Government.
- Decisions are made by members not by investors.
*Comparison based on the bank national average savings rate as of 2018-05-01 sourced from National Association of Federal Credit Unions in cooperation with SNL Financial and Datatrac Corp.