Posted 04/02/2020 - Annual Meeting Canceled
In an effort to limit the exposure of the COVID-19 Outbreak and adhere to the recommendations of our government to protect you and our staff, the Red River Employees Federal Credit Union Board of Directors has made the very difficult decision to cancel the April 25, 2020, Annual Membership Meeting; however, the Business Meeting will be determined at a later date.
The Business Meeting will strictly be business, there will be no entertainment, give-a-ways, or prize drawings; the election will be declared by acclamation since there were no nominations submitted by petition. The following nominees elected by acclamation for a three-year term are: Frank Buchanan, Ron Cleveland, and David Walls.
Although our 77th Annual Meeting has been canceled, our credit union is committed to you, our member-owners, and will continue to be there for you during and after this crisis. We have adhered to recommendations by our local governments to limit access to our lobbies; but because we are considered an essential service, we continue to offer all other avenues of conducting business, such as, drive-thru access, phone center, online and mobile banking, and our vast ATM network.
The Credit Union was very successful in 2019, the following are several accomplishments made during the year:
- Red River Federal Credit Union ended 2019 with a record-high $1 Billion in Assets. This makes our credit union one of the largest financial institutions in our 4 states area, serving over 111,000 members.
- In 2019, the Supervisory Committee employed the firm of CliftonLarsonAllen, LLP to conduct a certified opinion and financial statement audit. A copy of the audit report has been received and filed with the Board of Directors. The credit union received an “Unqualified Opinion” for year ending December 31, 2019.
- The NCUA Federal Examination was performed as of December 31, 2019, the examination indicated financially sound condition and management.
- In 2019, Red River Credit Union requested a change to our Field of Membership. We were granted permission from NCUA to remove Garland County (AR) and add Columbia County (AR), Union County (AR), and Bossier Parish (LA) as of February 2020.
- The credit union was voted Readers’ Choice awards for the Best Bank / Credit Union in the Four States Living Magazine, Best Credit Union in ALT Magazine, Best Credit Union in Lamar County in the Paris News, and Best Credit Union in the Texarkana Gazette. We were also recognized as United Way 4th Top Supporter for Greater Texarkana, received the 2019 Live United award from United Way of Northwest Louisiana (NWLA), and awarded the Texas Independent School District’s Large Business Partner of the Year for 2018-2019. Emily Bright, Student Services Coordinator, earned 2nd place for the Desjardins Award by Cornerstone Credit Union League and Honorable Mention at the national level for her work on Financial Literacy for all ages.
- We expanded our reach by opening a new branch in Marshall (TX) and relocating the Batesville (MS) branch to a more accessible location.
- Red River Credit Union launched a new, more secure digital platform for our website, online banking, and mobile banking access in April and May.
The full 2019 Annual Report will be available on our website in April and printed copies will be available at your nearest branch location.
On behalf of the Board of Directors, Management and Staff, please accept our appreciation for your membership as we pledge to continue this level of service to you and your families.
Posted 04/01/2020 - MEMBER ALERT: Coronavirus Stimulus Scams Surface Targeting Members
A report from the CUNA Mutual Group
Fraudsters have been quick to deploy scams involving the coronavirus stimulus package that would include direct payments to individuals and married couples filing jointly. Many variations of the scam could impact our members.
Fraudsters haven’t wasted any time with scams related to the coronavirus. In response to the federal stimulus package, the Better Business Bureau (BBB) reported that fraudsters have deployed a variety of scams involving coronavirus stimulus checks. The BBB Scam Tracker has received several reports of coronavirus scams where individuals are contacted through text messages, social media post /messages, or phone calls.
One version of the scam targets seniors through a Facebook post informing them that they can get a special grant to help pay medical bills. The link within the post takes them to a bogus website claiming to be a government agency called the “U.S. Emergency Grants Federation” where they are asked to provide their Social Security Number under the guise of needing to verify their identity. In other versions, fraudsters claim individuals can get additional money – up to $150,000 in some cases. The victims are asked to pay a "processing fee” to receive a grant.
In North Carolina, there are several reports of a coronavirus scam in which potential victims received phone calls. Fraudsters told the victims they qualified for a $1,000 to $14,000 coronavirus stimulus payment; however, they must first pay a processing fee.
Coronavirus direct payments will likely be in the form of direct deposits or through U.S. Treasury checks. Fraudsters may look to seize this opportunity to create counterfeit U.S. Treasury checks to use in their scams. Knowing when the stimulus checks will be issued, fraudsters could steal U.S. Treasury checks out of the mail and attempt to cash them at a credit union after opening an account. This was a common occurrence in the aftermath of Hurricane Sandy as fraudsters counterfeited and forged U.S. Treasury checks representing the Federal Disaster Assistance checks.
Fraudsters may also attempt to scam members into providing their account number under the pretense of direct depositing the stimulus payment to their account.
- Government agencies do not communicate through social media outlets, such as Facebook.
- Never pay a fee for a government grant. A government agency will never request an advanced processing fee to receive the grant.
- Beware of fake government agencies promoted by fraudsters. The only official list of all U.S. federal grant-making agencies can be found at www.grants.gov.
- Red River Credit Union will NOT accept third-party U.S. Treasury Checks where the listed payee endorses the check over to another person.
Source: © CUNA Mutual Group, 2020.
Posted 03/23/2020 - Batesville (MS) and Louisiana Branches Update
Batesville (MS) branch lobby will be closed starting today (03/23/2020). Members are asked to visit the next closest branch with drive-thru access in Clarksdale (MS). Batesville area members needing a new debit card, please call our Phone Center (903-735-3000) to schedule an appointment at the Batesville branch.
Louisiana Governor John Bel Edwards announced a statewide "Stay at Home" order Sunday in response to the growing number of cases of Coronavirus in Louisiana. The Governor's order takes effect Monday, March 23, at 5:00 pm and runs through Sunday, April 12. Red River Credit Union, as a financial institution, is considered essential. Our drive-thru lanes will be open for business during this “Stay at Home” order.
Additionally, all members are able to conduct business with the following options:
- Online and Mobile Banking – Offers access to your accounts, apply for a loan, and more.
- DeposZip – The Mobile Check Deposit feature is available through our Mobile App.
- Phone Center – Our knowledgeable Phone Center is local and able to answer any questions you have.
- Extended ATM Network – Timely access to money in your account using your debit card. Click here to find an ATM near you.
Thank you again for your continued patience and understanding.
Posted 03/20/2020 - A Message from Your Credit Union
During these unprecedented times, Red River Federal Credit Union is open for business and ready to assist you in any way we can. We have challenges ahead but be assured that Red River FCU is ready and willing to help.
Below is important information we wanted to pass along:
- Red River FCU is well-capitalized and financially strong. Your money is safe and insured up to $250,000 by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA).
- Red River FCU has initiated our business continuity plans to mitigate the impact of the pandemic on financial services throughout our counties and parishes to keep members and employees safe. Members will continue to have access to their accounts, money, and services they need.
- Members are discouraged from making large cash withdrawals; the safest financial transactions are through online and mobile banking, credit and debit cards, electronic payments, and ATMs.
- Members are encouraged to contact us for help getting through any financial hardship you may experience during this public health crisis. Please call us at 903-735-3000 if you need assistance.
- Beware of fraud. Financial scams always increase during uncertain times, especially for our seniors. We will never ask for your account PIN, password, or other personal information in an email or by phone.
As we move forward, please know we are here to help. Thank you for your continued patience and understanding.
Posted 03/18/2020 - COVID-19 Branch Update
To better protect our members and employees, RRFCU will be modifying business hours and branch access starting 3/20/2020. Our members will have full access to their funds by visiting our drive-thru locations or by making withdrawals at our convenient ATMs. Members will be able to make appointments at some branch locations by calling 903-735-3000 to visit their safe deposit boxes or to get new debit cards as identified below:
For Safe Deposit Box and Debit Card Appointments or Drive-Thru Access
New Boston, TX
Shreveport (Fern Ave), LA
For Debit Card Appointments or Drive-Thru Access
Sulphur Springs, TX
For Drive-Thru Access Only
Walton Blvd (Express)
RRAD (Depot Branch)
Trinity Blvd (AR)
De Queen, AR
Shreveport (Jewella Ave), LA
Branches with no drive-thru option, including Texarkana's Central Mall Kiosk and New Boston Rd (behind Vero’s) will be temporarily closed. Members are directed to the next closest branch with drive-thru access. Batesville (MS) branch lobby will remain open at this time.
As always, members will be able to conduct business through the Phone Center by calling 903-735-3000 or our online banking department by visiting rrfcu.com. As a member, you have access to do loans, add accounts, dispute transactions, and much more through your online banking login. For help logging in, give us a call at 903-735-3000. We are committed to serving our members during this time!
Posted 03/13/2020 - CORONOVIRUS (COVID-19 Outbreak) UPDATE
The spread of the Coronavirus is on everyone’s mind these days. I want to let you know what we are doing at Red River Credit Union to help protect our members and employees and still conduct business as usual while keeping your accounts secure.
Our management team is meeting regularly and monitoring the current Coronavirus pandemic closely. We are taking steps now to limit exposure to our members and employees so that we are prepared should there be diagnosed cases in our branch areas. As we move forward, it may be necessary to institute limited access to branches, but rest assured all other areas of the credit union will remain fully operational.
In the event of limited access to branch lobbies, you, our member, will still be able to conduct business in many ways, such as:
- Drive-Thru – Our numerous drive-thru branches will remain open
- Online and Mobile Banking – Offers access to your accounts, apply for a loan, and more
- DeposZip – The Mobile Check Deposit feature is available through our Mobile App
- Call Center - Our excellent Call Center is local and able to answer any questions you have
- Extended ATM Network – Timely access to money in your account using your debit card
As you can see, we work hard year-round to ensure you have access to your accounts and be able to apply for loans without ever having to come into a branch!
Also, as a precaution, we have instituted additional sanitization procedures at branches. This precaution provides further protection for our members and employees from the Coronavirus. As a reminder for our members and employees, it is always a good idea to wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitizer and refrain from touching your eyes and mouth.
Despite the Coronavirus, Red River Credit Union is committed to our membership and will do everything we can to protect your welfare and money. Red River has been here for you for 77 years and will continue to be a part of your life for years to come.
Red River Federal Credit Union